Specially appointed program faculty
PBL (Project based learning)
2) Education & Employment
The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan, October 2009-September 2014
- PhD in Porous materials applied to water purification engineering
- Master water purification systems
Centre of languages and Professional studies, Accra, Ghana, April 2009 -July 2009
The University of Chiba, Chiba, Japan, April 2008 - March 2009
- Graduate research certificate
- Major: Environment School/ Recycling law, policy and economical impact
Kyouritu women’s University, Tokyo, Japan, September 2007- March 2008
Japanese language proficiency
Abomey- Calavi University, Benin Republic, October 2000 - September 2004
- Bachelor in physics
- Major: Energy and atomic physics
Come National College, Come, Benin Republic, October 1997 – September 2000
- Baccalaureat in scientific (Senior high school certificate)
- Major: General mathematics and physics
Project Assistant professor, September 2015-Now
Project researcher at University of Tokyo, October 2014-August 2015
Working on different projects related to mining and resources separation or recovery, water purification, taking care of graduate students.
Reviewer for international research journals, November 2011~
Review and comment youth researcher’s papers
- Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research Journal
- Environmental Engineering and Management Journal
Community of Benin Republic citizen living in Japan, Japan, December 2009~
- Helping organize African related events in Japan
IFE Foundation NPO, Benin Republic, September 2005 – September 2007
- Secretary- manager of Japanese language School
- Place of work: Benin Republic/ West Africa
La Synthese private College, Benin Republic, October 2005- March 2006
- Teaching Physics and Chemistry to Junior high school students
Klouekanme National College, Benin Republic, October 2004 – September 2005
- Teaching Physics and Chemistry to senior high school students
3) Research Fields
- Water purification systems
- Valuable metals recovery and separation
- Heavy metals and rare earth elements removal from water
- Porous and organic plants materials
- Production of biogas
- Recovery of heavy metals and rare earth from ores
- Biosorption (adsorption) process
4) Major Publications
Peer reviewed papers and books
- Gjergj Dodbiba, Josiane Ponou, Toyohisa Fujita, (invited), "Microbiology for Minerals, Metals, Materials and the Environment", Book Chapter “Biosorption of Heavy Metals”, edited by Abhilash, B. D. Pandey, K. A. Natarajan, CRC Press ISBN: 978-1-48-225729-8, Chapter 16, pp. 409 – 426, February, 2015.
- Josiane Ponou, Li Pang Wang, Seiji Matsuo, Gjergj Dodbiba, Toyohisa Fujita, Recovery of dysprosium ions by biosorption-desorption onto organic plants wastes, International Journal of the Society of Materials, Vol.20, No. 2, pp.141-146, October, 2014.
- Josiane Ponou, Li Pang Wang, Katsunori Okaya, Gjergj Dodbiba,Toyohisa Fujita,Kohei Matsuhashi, Takafumi Atarashi, Gouki Satoh, Recovery of rare earth elements from aqueous solution obtained from Vietnamese clay minerals using dried and carbonized parachlorella, Environmental Chemical Engineering , Vol. 2, No. 2, pp.1070-1081, June 2014.
- Josiane Ponou, Tomohito Ide, Akiko Suzuki, Hideyuki Tsuji, Li Pang Wang, Gjergj, Dodbiba, Toyohisa Fujita, Evaluation of the flocculation and de-flocculation performance and mechanism of polymer flocculants, Water Science and Technology, 2014;69(6):1249-58, January 2014.
- Josiane Ponou, Li Pang Wang, Seiji Matsuo, Gjergj Dodbiba, Toyohisa Fujita, Effect of carbonization on banana peels for removal of cadmium ions from aqueous solution, Environmental Engineering and Management Journal, in press, April 2013.
- Li Pang Wang, Josiane Ponou, Seiji Matsuo, Katsunori Okaya, Gjergj Dodbiba, Toyohisa Fujita, Integrating sulfidization with neutralization treatment for selective recovery of copper and zinc over iron from acid mine, Minerals Engineering, Vol.45, pp.100-107, May, 2013.
- Josiane Ponou, ToyohisaToyohisa Fujita, Organic plants wastes as adsorbents used in water purification systems, LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, ISBN10: 365923222X, December, 2012.
- Josiane Ponou, Junah Kim, Li Pang Wang , Gjergj Dodbiba, Toyohisa Fujita, Sorption of Cr(VI) anions in aqueous solution using carbonized or dried pineapple leaves, Chemical Engineering Journal, Vo. 172, No. 2-3, pp. 906-913, August, 2011
National and international conferences and proceedings
- Josiane Ponou, Gjergj Dodbiba, Toyohisa Fujita, Generalization and applicability of heavy metal ions “Carbo-biosorption” process, The mining and materials processing Institute of Japan, Oral presentation, Chiba, Japan, March, 2015.
- Josiane Ponou, Gjergj Dodbiba, Toyohisa Fujita, Carbo-biosorption of heavy metals and rare earths: Generalization and important conclusions, The resources processing society of Japan, Poster presentation, Iwate, Japan, November, 2014.
- Josiane Ponou, Gjergj Dodbiba, Toyohisa Fujita, Biosorption of heavy metals and rare earth elements by using various carbonized materials, The 12th Korea-Japan Symposium, Oral presentation, Deajon, Korea, April 2014
- Josiane Ponou, Gjergj Dodbiba, Toyohisa Fujita, Recovery of dysprosium ions by adsorption-desorption onto organic plants wastes, The Seventh International Conference on Materials Engineering for Resources (ICMR), Oral presentation, Akita, Japan, November, 2013.
- Josiane Ponou, Gjergj Dodbiba, Toyohisa Fujita, Evaluation of the flocculation and de-flocculation performance and mechanism of polymer flocculants, The mining and materials processing Institute of Japan, Oral presentation, Chiba, Japan, March, 2013.
- Josiane Ponou, Gjergj Dodbiba, Toyohisa Fujita, Preparation and characterization of micro and mesoporous carbon obtained from banana peels, The 1st International Conference on Emerging Advanced Nanomaterials (ICEAN), Oral presentation, Brisbane, Australia, October, 2012.
- Josiane Ponou, Gjergj Dodbiba, Toyohisa Fujita, Removal of Cadmium(II) from aqueous solution by adsorption onto organic plant wastes, The 11th Korea-Japan Symposium, Oral presentation, Deajon, Korea, June, 2012.
- Josiane Ponou, Gjergj Dodbiba, Toyohisa Fujita, Adsorption of Cr(VI) Anions in Water by Organic Plant Wastes, The11th International Symposium on East Asian Resources Recycling Technology (EARTH 2011), oral presentation, Kaohsiung, Taiwan., November, 2011.
- Date & place of Birth: February 21st, 1981, Cotonou, Benin Republic
- Gender: Female
- Marital status: Married
- French: Native fluency
- English: Excellent fluency
- Japanese: Excellent fluency
- Africans: Native fluency: Beninese, Togolese
- Microsoft office Word: Excellent Knowledge
- Microsoft office Excel: Excellent Knowledge especially in graphics construction
- Microsoft office Power point: Excellent Knowledge especially in design
- Origin : Perfect Knowledge in figures conception
- MATLAB, FORTRAN & SUPER COMPUTER: Beginner level
Awards & Others
- Best poster presentation for Mining and materials processing Institute of Japan (MMIJ) conference 2010.
- Japanese Government scholarship beneficiary since 2009.
- Member of mathematics’ TV program in FUJI Television/ Japan 2007-2013.
- Program name: KOMANECHI mathematics program of Takeshi.
- Music - Dance- Reading - Cooking - Working in rural area – team work.